| |-+  Freewheeling
| | |-+  Everyone laugh at nutty :(
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Everyone laugh at nutty :(
nuttycyclist

Everyone laugh at nutty :(
« : January 16, 2006, 11:25:51 »

Went out on Saturday for a 70 miler.  About halfway round we came to a delightful and peaceful scene of a bubbling stream.  While we were on the footbridge looking at the ford, Stefan decided to take a photo.  As it was such a great shot, I offerred to ride through the ford to get a good photo for the club website. 

I could easily see it was shallow and a good concrete surface.  So off I set.  Up the road, U-Turn, and back slowly smiling at the camera.

Suddenly that smile changed to a frozen grimmace of fear.

The concrete road was covered in slimey weed, more slippery than black ice with a coating of diesel.  The stream was washing me sideways as there was absolutely bugger all traction.

SPLASH!   Nutty bellyflops into the road.

Nutty sits up and wipes the water from his brow.

Nutty realises he's sitting in the water.  He jumps up, slides, slips, nearly falls down but recovers.  He sees his bike lying there with water pouring round the rack bag.  He grabs the bike, slides, slips, nearly falls down but recovers.    He then slowly walks out of the water, slides, slips, nearly falls down but recovers. 

Standing there, gently dripping and with water still dripping down my face from my hair I realise I'm 30 miles from home (retracing my steps) or 40 miles from home if we finish the ride.  It is January the 14th, and not overly warm.

We did the 40 miles route Grin  with just a few stops to keep wringing my socks out each time they absorbed the water from my shoes.

Ho hum.

ps, Stefan forgot to press the shutter release.  Is anybody willing to go there next week so he can get the photo?

You've visited Anothercyclingforum, so why not visit another cycling website at www.nuttycyclist.co.uk
silverback

just going for a little Pootle...

Re: Everyone laugh at nutty :(
« Reply #1 : January 16, 2006, 11:27:14 »

Any pics Nutty Grin Grin Grin
Captain Hook

« Reply #2 : January 16, 2006, 11:27:58 »

Photo's man, we know there must be some because that was the whole point.

Project Europa
Zoidburg

« Reply #3 : January 16, 2006, 11:28:26 »

Fall

Pride

Rearange these two words Grin

Please disreguard last sig line.
silverback

just going for a little Pootle...

« Reply #4 : January 16, 2006, 11:30:46 »

Quote from: nuttycyclist on January 16, 2006, 11:25:51
ps, Stefan forgot to press the shutter release.  Is anybody willing to go there next week so he can get the photo?

Just read this bit, was he laughing to much to get any Grin

Rich.
wafflycat

Email
« Reply #5 : January 16, 2006, 11:32:23 »

Quote from: nuttycyclist on January 16, 2006, 11:25:51

We've only got your word for this, Nutty... now where are those pics!

Commiserations... honest!  Grin

Cheers, helen s
pcolbeck

« Reply #6 : January 16, 2006, 11:32:59 »

Oops Smiley

----------------------------------------------------------------
One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.
   -Robert A. Heinlein
----------------------------------------------------------------
.anth

Say moose and squirrel...

« Reply #7 : January 16, 2006, 11:33:45 »

Slippery surfaces are a nightmare. I can heartily recommend reading this which might help stop you getting into such problems again...

If life is a rollercoaster how come there isn't a height limit...?
.citycycling
FGG #4293
isargin

Email
« Reply #8 : January 16, 2006, 11:35:31 »

Grin Grin Grin Grin

FatBloke

Costa del Southend

« Reply #9 : January 16, 2006, 11:42:09 »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
nuttycyclist

« Reply #10 : January 16, 2006, 11:51:09 »

Quote from: blackpuddinonnabike on January 16, 2006, 11:33:45
Slippery surfaces are a nightmare. I can heartily recommend reading this which might help stop you getting into such problems again...
During the ride home I did think that that might need updating....

Thank you for bringing it to my attention today.

You've visited Anothercyclingforum, so why not visit another cycling website at www.nuttycyclist.co.uk
kenjaja

« Reply #11 : January 16, 2006, 11:57:42 »

Good Morning Mr Fruitcake Nutty.  Several people have asked for photos.   I've got a better idea Wink.  Why not take the suggestion at the bottom of the page and make this a calender event.   We could then accompany you on the same 70 miler and you could repeat your very impressive antics in front of a live and appreciative audience.

Your bravery for sharing the highlight of your ride with all us sympathetic forummers is greatly appreciated Roll Eyes

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin 

Thirty spokes share one hub
Adapt the emptiness therein and you will have the use of a wheel.  (Tao Te Ching/ Lao Tzu)
BentMikey

« Reply #12 : January 16, 2006, 11:59:05 »

LOL Nutty!  If you do it again I'll come along and carry the dry clothes for you.  Wink

My bikes.
didge

Email
« Reply #13 : January 16, 2006, 12:02:12 »

Totally sodden clothes, wind blowing absorbing your body heat and you took the longer route
home to salvation, fair play to you im impressed.
Just thinking about it has made my neuropathy worse Smiley
Kathy

As kinky as a cheap garden hose.

« Reply #14 : January 16, 2006, 12:02:40 »

I'm glad you did that, Nutty. It means our mother is laughing at you for this, and not me after my weekend tandem incident. Smiley

"Anybody could have done it." - Halo Jones
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

acf | Powered by SMF 1.0.7.
© 2001-2004, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.